Friday, April 27, 2007

Texturds...

I was reading Photoshop tutorials tonight, and I came across one for importing and using textures. I thought I'd give it a whirl on some random sketch I had already scanned:



Looking at it now, I probably should have used the texture just on the jeans, and then maybe a different one for the shirt, rather than pasting it over the entire image. Ah well, I get carried away when I learn new stuff. I'm definitely going to implement this trick more often from now on. I think it's a real help if you're as shit at coloring as I am.

Oh, and I added some links to texture libraries to the "Useful Resources" thread on the forum, if anyone else ever needs some on a whim.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

As I do more 3D stuff I am getting more and more familliar with the beauty of textures.

Also, am I blind or did you just start a labeling system on this site?

Todd said...

The labeling system was already in place (I think it was added to the last blogger upgrade), I just started adding tags to all of my posts. I figured it could be handy if I ever want to go back and compare older shit to newer stuff or something.