Friday, July 13, 2007

Airship mechanic?

I feel like those arms are the mayors of Wonkytown, the face is at least a 6 pack away from attractiveness, and the wrench is all out of perspective, but I'm not positive about any of that. I did use reference for this, so it should have been cake to fix those issues, but the photograph was dimly lit and hard to make out detail in. Ah well, you win some, I'm handsome.



Original sketch.



Off topic, but while I haven't exactly been setting the group blog a blaze, I AM happy to see that looking back I've been a lot more consistent about trying to contribute the last couple of months. I'm going to go ahead and give myself a tiny bit of credit for actually somewhat sticking to at least ONE project for once.

I'm an ass.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I like the subtle textures you've got going on on in this image. You should check out using displacement maps in Photoshop to get deformation on that sort of stuff.

PS: I'm totally going to conceptually rip your ass off.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. The only Mayor of Wonkytown is her right shoulder/armpit. The other arm is Mayor McCheese, in my book. (That's good, I think.) And her face is pretty nice -- one of the better lady faces you've posted on here. Hell, I'd let her touch it.