Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Mighty KC...

Wakka wakka!



I know the likeness is terrible, and the coloring job is..."questionable" at best, but for something that was nothing more than an Illustrator doodle (which last time I apparently lied about shying away from) I'm not going to sweat it too much. I'm actually not horrified by the clothing folds. It's not like I busted out some sweet ass textile origami or anything, but I have a hard time drawing that shit with a pencil, so getting something that doesn't look like a toilet paper mummy with a mouse is a victory in my book. Fun fact: if you "flip horizontal" over and over again in Photoshop, it looks like he's rapidly punching you. Pretend you stole his pudding and watch his fist fury EXPLODE.


Mo' dem doodles:











Also, almost all of this stuff is reference free, for you fuckers who think I can't draw more than a stick figure without looking at a photograph.

-Todd

4 comments:

Geo said...

"Fun fact: if you "flip horizontal" over and over again in Photoshop, it looks like he's rapidly punching you."

Thats hilarious. good work dude!
theres some really sweet character designs amongst those sketches too.

Anonymous said...

You must think I get offended pretty easily, cuz that shit is sweeeet.

Anonymous said...

Your ladies have gotten pretty damn foxy. Goodbye days of lantern jaws, mustache lips, and round pecs, hello smooth curves and soft faces. Nice work all around, although I am particularly drawn to 1) lady running looking back, 2) lady dancing in dress, and 3) Lady in skirt and tube top doing some kind of hula dance/pressing an invisible button while pointing.

Oh, and the drawing of Kevin is really funny--make it an animated gif so that he really is unleashing a flurry of fists!

Ryan said...

Seriously. You've either improved at drawing the ladies or you've found a Wacom of Lady Drawing +5.

(If it's the later, dupe that shit for me and I'll hook u up with phat lootz.)