Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Travis Touchdown...

No More Heroes is an awesome game. If you thought that Nintendo consoles shy away from adult content, be aware that this game contains a t-shirt featuring the slogan "I Love Tits" with a picture of, yes, some tits. Also be aware that I am doing everything in my power to procure such a garment for myself.

Moused this out while on the phone tonight. I couldn't for the life of me get the glasses to look right, but it wasn't worth spending any more time on.

Hopefully this marks the (no doubt temporary) end to my mouse/Illustrator experiments. My blog contributions have been way too heavy on that shit as of late. I've got 5 or 6 pages of ballpoint gesture studies I've been too lazy to scan that hopefully I'll get around to on Friday. Jesus it felt good to draw by hand again.



-Todd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this one a lot. I've never played No More Heroes, so I don't know what this is a reference to, but you've got some seriously marketable style. Swwet half-tone background as well! Is it easier or harder for you to use a more exaggerated/cartoony style?

Todd said...

It's much, MUCH easier for me to draw the cartoony stuff. It's a hell of a lot easier to make the things I'm not very good at look convincing when I have the freedom to simplify the fuck out of them. I actually prefer to be a "cartoonist" over a for serious, well rounded "artist", but I have a compulsive (probably competitive) need to be as good at realism as possible, which is why I typically practice and post drawings that exhibit my sorry attempts at that kind of work. I keep trying to learn to render as realistically as possible, thinking that it will eventually help give life to my cartoons. Unfortunately, I never actually draw cartoons anymore as a result.

Blah blah blah, I'm rambling. Anyway, thanks for the kind words mandingo.