Tuesday, May 08, 2007

What what say life's a beach...

Tonight's doodle:



And the reference photo, which I should have paid a lot more attention to. :/

As embarrassing as this is, I actually think I learned a lot while doing it. Primarily, there's a lot to be said for simplicity. I noodled around too much over rendering, when in the end, what I believe to be the most successful parts are the sand, the palm tree shadow, and parts of the tree, where I kept it simple. Overall, it wasn't turning out TOO terribly for awhile, until in addition to the excessive scribbling of "detail", I tried to add in the clouds and the water. I really need to learn how to render those things, I know there are plenty of tutorials out there, but I kind of wanted to just speed paint.

Ah well, it was fun, and like I said, I think I'm learning things slowly.

More to come later in the week most likely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is REALLY nice. I don't know why you're bitching about it so much. I prefer your painting to the photo.

Todd said...

I bitch because 1)nothing turns out the way I see it in my head, and 2)I want to mislead people into believing I'm modest. In reality, I jerked off to this with such frequency and ferocity that my dick now looks like a sideways hourglass.

Thanks for the props!