Thursday, May 17, 2007

5.17

Huzzah!



Reference is for suckas! Look, I even threw a CHAIR in that biotch!

....I think I need a new "background" shtick.

....Is her head too big?

EDIT: I thought it might be fun to sort of compare notes, so I threw together this little thing that documents how I've been approaching sketching in Photoshop. If any of you sees something I could do to improve, can make suggestions/recommendations, or want to critique some crucial error I'm making in my process, I'd love to hear it. Fuck, if you want to make your own to share, EVEN BETTER!

My Process!

{blah blah blah, filler text because that link is really hard to notice when it's at the bottom of the post}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool process image! I like your final too, but for some reason the the time lapse version is a lot more interesting.

I don't know how I feel about the color choices. The monochrome thing works well, except for the clash with the background. Unless she's like a vampire or something. Other than that, good job. I like the hat brim shadow over her face.

Ryan said...

It's cool seeing your process.

I see what Russell is saying about the final though. It seems like primary light sources isn't really well defined.

Todd said...

Wow, late reply. My bad.

Thanks dudes. Yeah, I don't know what's going on with the coloring, although I think that's a complimentary color scheme. I used a color wheel. I only spend about 20 minutes on these though, so I freely admit to not putting much thought into light sources. I also need to stop filling the backgrounds with generic textures and patterns.

But I won't.