Thursday, October 15, 2009

Junk Drawer...

I found this sketchbook on my bookshelf this morning. I have no recollection of a) buying it or b) doodling any of the sketches inside. Weird. I guess this goes back awhile, as the first page was a "To Do" list from A.P.E. 2005. Anyway, I scanned in the bits and pieces that weren't COMPLETELY embarrassing (meaning, I skipped the first 10-20 pages entirely) and composited them into this:



Some of it's kind of hard to see, and other places have dark grey shadows in the corners. All of that is a result of the book spine not properly fitting on the scanner.


This stuff here is kind of a hodge podge of junk I had laying around. A lot of it is comprised of the tiny thumbnail sketches I've been basing my recent Illustrator pieces off of, others are doodles I scanned with that intention, but ultimately bailed on or never got around to.



And finally, this was another Weekly Sketch Group thing I did for PencilJack, but never posted here.



That's supposed to be the 1939 incarnation of Batman, hence the purple gloves and the smooth, refreshing taste of a cigarette after whupping some assholes'...asshole. Seeing as how I drew it, this struggle, of course, took place off camera and in no discernable environment whatsoever.

1 comment:

Geo said...

cool post... I love discovering old sketches. I don't get the purple glove thing. Were those popular in 1939?