Thursday, August 10, 2006

Via Con Dios

Some shotgun toting, oned-eyed Mexican outlaw...or something.



I really think I'm having a problem over inking things. Specifically, adding ink lines all over the place for no reason when I don't know how to draw what I'm trying to draw. For example, I have no idea what a poncho looks like, so I threw random lines everywhere. I should have researched that shit, but I'm too impatient. I don't think his face is very readable either. Fuck it, it's just a sketch.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Nice inkin' hombre. If you're concerned about the poncho, my one suggestion would have been to add more folds on the torso. A poncho is basically just a large piece of cloth with a hole in it, so it should have lots of draping going as it hangs on the body. Overall though I like what you've done here.

Todd said...

Thanks. I should have used reference for the poncho (and probably the pants and boots) but I wasn't anywhere near a computer when I drew it. I think I'm going to try and refine him a bit, so I'll definitely look that shit up before working further.